This checklist will help you prepare for your move. Please feel free to contact your local 365Moving Fast® location with any questions you might have.
Moving checklist-One month before moving
- Reserve a moving company as soon as you know you are moving. 365Moving Fast® is a good choice.
- Visit your local 365Moving Fast® to purchase boxes and moving supplies.
- Start cleaning out unused items which are stored in attics and garages.
- Host a garage sale or donate unused items to charity.
- Arrange for a school transfer for the children.
- Get a change of address form from your local post office and DMV.
- Notify magazines, banks, and credit card companies of your new address.
- Try to get the owner’s manuals for the appliances in your new home.
Moving Checklist-One to two weeks before moving
- Make a “survival closet” of things you will need for the final clean up and include a snack for the last day.
- Label the boxes so that you know which room the boxes belong to.
- Notify the utility companies of your move. Decide on a disconnection date and a reconnection date for the new home.
- Cancel cable TV, internet service, security, pest control, pool service, gardening service, and other home maintenance services you might have.
Moving checklist-Week of the move
- Mail in your change of Address.
- Clean the stove
Moving checklist-A day before the move
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get some emergency cash for the day of the move.
- Say goodbye to your neighbors.