SELECTING A MOVER
Questions to ask when interviewing a possible moving company:
- Are they insured and bonded?
- What are your labor rates?
- Do you charge for extra for large items, such as pianos or big screen televisions?
- What kind of training does your movers or drivers go through before servicing clients?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- Do you have a contact person on site or do you provide an emergency contact number for the day of the move?
- Do you charge extra for evenings and weekends moves?
- What type of payment options do you offer?
- Do you have a separate customer referral rate?
- Does your company use full time employees or temps and day labor? (Be cautious of companies that use temps and day labor, because they may not be properly insured.)
- Do you offer free estimates?
- Do you charge for travel time from your office to the moving location?
- Do you have any wise suggestions on how to make my move easier?
- Does your company offer packing and unpacking services?
- Will my household or office items be insured during the move?
- Do you have a minimum charge?
- Do you charge by the piece or by the hour?